Figure 1Image courtesy of marin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Chlamydia is a Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD) that can be cured, unlike other common STDs, with antibiotics. Here are some facts you may not know about Chlamydia:
1. When chlamydia goes untreated for a long time it turns to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and that is what causes infertility.
2. Chlamydia often has no symptoms so it is very important to get tested if you are sexually active. Click Here to Book an Appointment to get tested.
3. Chlamydia is the most common STD in the United States.
4. Untreated Chlamydia raises a person’s chances of acquiring or contracting the HIV virus.
5. New studies suggest that Chlamydia may increase the risk of later developing cancer.